Main content | back to top
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Shell web site. This web site is owned and operated by Shell Japan Limited, a company registered in Japan whose registered office is at 16F Pacific Century Place Marunouchi, 1-11-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6216, Japan.
Visitors to this web site are bound by the following terms and conditions so please read these carefully before going on. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "this web site" includes www.shell.co.jp, which may link to other Shell web sites.
Other Shell web sites may contain terms and conditions which are different from these terms and conditions. On your journey around the Shell web sites please check the terms and conditions of each web site which you visit and do not assume that these terms and conditions apply to all Shell web sites.
Click on a link below for more information:
- These terms and conditions apply to your access to and use of this web site. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By continuing to access and use this web site, you are deemed to have understood and agreed to all the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Shell companies have their own separate identities but in this web site we may sometimes use "Shell", "Group, "we" or "us" when we refer to Shell companies in general or where no useful purpose is served by identifying any particular Shell company.
- This web site may include links to external or third-party web sites. When you follow such links the external or third-party web site may appear as a full screen (in which case you will need to use the back button on your browser to return to this web site) or in some cases it may appear within the frame of this web site (in which case you will be able to return to this web site by using the navigation buttons within the frame). Where an external or third-party web site appears within the frame of this web site, this is purely for ease of navigation back to this web site and does not indicate any responsibility on our part for the external or third-party web site concerned, even if it is a web site owned and operated by another Shell company. These links are provided in order to help you find relevant web sites, services and/or products which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these web sites are suitable for your purposes. Such external or third-party websites are accessed at your own risk and responsibility and Shell Japan Limited is not in any way responsible or liable for the owners or operators of these web sites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content, use or availability of their web sites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external or third-party web site to which this web site includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
- All information or advice provided as part of this web site is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. Shell Japan Limited tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this web site is correct at the time of inclusion on the web site but does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information. All content, information and advice is provided on an “as is” basis and Shell Japan Limited hereby expressly disclaims all liability for any action you may take as a result of relying on such content, information or advice or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking this action.
- Shell Japan Limited does not warrant or make any representations as to the security of this web site nor does it warrant that functions or materials accessible from or contained in this web site will work uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this web site is free from viruses or other harmful elements.
- Shell reserves the right to monitor any information transmitted or received through any Forum provided. Shell, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, may at any time review, remove or otherwise block any material posted.
- Should any part of this site offer you the opportunity to join in or read from a forum, please be aware that any communications posted on the forum represent the views of the individual who posted such communication and are not to be taken as the views of Shell. Shell accepts no responsibility or liability for anything posted on the forum by any user of the forum and you must not use the forum to post, upload, or otherwise transmit information or pictures that are defamatory, a breach of privacy or otherwise unlawful.
- All content, information and advice is provided on an “as is” basis. Neither Shell nor any of its agents or subcontractors shall be liable for any damages either direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, otherwise (including but not limited to financial losses, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption or the like) arising out of the use or inability to use this web site or the content, information or advice provided on or via this web site, defects, viruses, or other malfunctions caused to any equipment and other software in connection with access or use of this web site, the interception, modification or misuse of information transmitted to Shell Japan Limited or transmitted to you, even if Shell Japan Limited is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This web site contains materials including text, photographs, videos, and other images and sound, which are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in these materials are either owned by Shell Japan Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those rights so that they can be used as part of this web site.
- This web site also contains trade marks, including the mark "Shell" and the Shell emblem. All trade marks included on this web site belong to Shell Japan Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those trade marks for use on this web site.
- access any part of the web site;
- print off one copy of any or all of the pages for your own personal reference.
You may not
- copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, downloading or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as set out under "You may" above without our express written consent. These restrictions apply in relation to all or part of the material on the web site;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site without our express written consent;
- link to this web site without our express written consent;
- infringe property or privacy of Shell Japan Limited or of any third party;
- cause loss or damage to Shell Japan Limited or to any third party;
- defame Shell Japan Limited or any third party;
- disturb public order and morals;
- conduct any criminal act or do any conduct that leads or may lead to a criminal act;
- report false information such as a third person’s e-mail address;
- conduct any business activity or conduct any act for commercial purposes or prepare for such activity;
- use or provide harmful programs such as computer viruses;
- violate applicable laws or regulations;
- do any other conduct that Shell Japan Limited deems inappropriate.
If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to this web site, please email the Webmaster with details of:
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this web site
- the URL(s) of the web page(s) on this web site to which you are proposing to link
and we will consider your request. It is our decision as to whether we agree to your request and we do not have to do so.
You indemnify Shell Japan Limited against all possible damages or claims otherwise resulting from your use of this web site including your submission of any materials through this web site and your use of forums and your provision of any links to this web site.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
Shell Japan Limited may change these terms and conditions and disclaimer set out above from time to time. Such amended terms and conditions shall be effective upon publication on this web site. By accessing and using this web site you are accepting that you are bound by the (then) current terms and conditions and disclaimer and so you should check these each time you revisit the site.
Changes to/Operation of Web Site
- Shell Japan Limited may change the format and content of this web site at any time.
- Shell Japan Limited may suspend the operation of this web site for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
- Shell Japan Limited reserves the right to terminate access to this web site at any time and without notice.
If you have a question or complaint about this web site, please contact the Shell webmaster.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these Terms and Conditions or any dispute arising in relation to the web site whether in contract or tort or otherwise the Tokyo District Court will have exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.