This website is jointly operated by companies of Shell in Japan.
Who is responsible for the personal information collected on this site?
Shell in Japan controls the personal information collected on this site under the following rules:
- Regarding reception of inquires provided for in "Terms and Conditions", each company which collects such information shall control the information, and any other company of Shell in Japan shall have no access to such personal information.
- As for personal information to be jointly controlled by companies of Shell in Japan, all companies would work together to control such information provided, however, that Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K. is in charge of communication with the holders of the personal information.
Information collection and use
Shell in Japan collects and uses your personal information (including name, address, telephone number and email address) in order to:
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- process orders or applications submitted by you
- carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
- create products or services that may meet your needs.
As part of the services offered to you through our site, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of Japan. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside of Japan or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of Japan. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Japan. If Shell in Japan transfers your information outside of Japan in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you use our services while you are outside Japan, your information may be transferred outside Japan in order to provide you with those services.
- Shell in Japan is legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal process or applicable laws, or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime)
- Shell in Japan believes that such action is necessary to protect and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of our users/customers, etc.
Providing you with additional information and sharing your information
From time to time Shell in Japan would like to use your personal information for the following purposes other than as set out in the above section.
- market research and tracking of sales data
- informing you about our products and services
- giving the information to our affiliate offices and companies in order to enable these offices and companies to send you information which may be of interest to you.
Shell in Japan believes that these additional uses will be of benefit to you. However, Shell in Japan understands that you may not wish us to use your information in this way. Shell in Japan will not use your information for the purposes set out above if you have indicated that you do not wish Shell in Japan to use your information in this way when submitting the information. Additionally, if at any time you wish Shell in Japan to stop using your information for any or all of the purposes above, please let Shell in Japan know. Shell in Japan will stop the use of your information for these purposes as long as it is reasonable and possible to do so.
Shell in Japan will, however, continue to use your personal information for the purposes set out above unless you have indicated Shell in Japan that you do not wish Shell in Japan to use your information or that you wish Shell in Japan to terminate the use of your information.
Collection of non-personal information such as IP address
Shell in Japan may automatically collect non-personal information about you (commonly known as a "IP address") such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to this site. We may also aggregate details which you have submitted to the website (for example, your age and the town where you live). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used as statistical data and to assist us in providing an effective service on this site.
Shell in Japan may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer when you look at this site. Shell in Japan is able to read these cookies for information purposes when you revisit this site. The type of information Shell in Japan collects as a result of a cookie being accepted by you is specific to your PC and includes what parts of this site were looked at and whether the web pages requested were delivered successfully. This information is anonymous; it represents a computer rather than a person.
Shell in Japan uses the cookie information to improve the quality of our web site and to enable Shell in Japan to ascertain whether this site is operating at an optimal level. This allows Shell in Japan to enhance our web offerings to you and to provide an enjoyable and an innovative online experience.
You can erase or block this information by changing the settings on your computer (please refer to your help screens or manuals). If you do erase or block this information you may not be able to utilize some features of the website.
Chat rooms, notice boards, newsgroups
Keeping our records accurate
Shell in Japan aims to keep our information about you as accurate and updated as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied Shell in Japan with, please contact Shell in Japan as set out below.
Security of your personal information
Shell in Japan has implemented technology which is said to be safe in general, like encryption by SSL (Secure Sockets layer) technology, with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use. Additionally, this site has an authentication from Verisign Japan K.K., that all communication through this site is officially encoded.
Use of your personal information submitted to other websites
Shell in Japan cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if:
- you accessed the third party website using links from this site
- you linked to this site from a third party website.
Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K.
Public Affairs Division
(Location: Daiba Frontier Building, 2-3-2 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo)