Group Commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
In the Group we are all committed to:
• pursue the goal of no harm to people;
• protect the environment;
• use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services;
• develop energy resources, products and services consistent with these aims;
• publicly report on our performance;
• play a leading role in promoting best practice in our industries;
• manage HSE matters as any other critical business activity.
• promote a culture in which all Shell employees share this commitment
In this way we aim to have an HSE performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society at large, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to sustainable development.
Group Health, Safety and Environment policy
Every Shell company:
• has a systematic approach to HSE management designed to ensure compliance with the law and to achieve continuous performance improvement;
• sets targets for improvement and measures, appraises and reports performance;
• requires contractors to manage HSE in line with this policy;
• requires joint ventures under its operational control to apply this policy and uses its influence to promote it in other ventures;
• includes HSE performance in the appraisal of all staff and rewards accordingly.
Endorsed by the Committee of Managing Directors, March 1997.